At Tavern Kitchen & Bar, we make it our business to give our customers the best dining experience in a cozy ambience every day. However, from time to time, we would like to share our love for all things food in other ways too.
Today, we would like to share a recipe that pie lovers can make right in the comfort of their own kitchen. It is a simple yet deliciously wholesome recipe. We hope it will give you the most satisfaction when you savour it hot out from the oven with your loved ones.
Preparation time: 15mins
50g Salted butter (melted)
100g Cooked chicken thigh (cubed)
100g Assorted vegetables (zucchini, carrot, capsicum)
15ml Whipping cream
30g Parmesan cheese
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (available at your local supermarket)
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat up a pan on the stove. Reduce heat to medium. Pour the melted butter in. Be careful not to burn it.
3. Stir-fry the veggies in the melted butter.
4. Add in the chicken. Stir until combined.
5. Reduce heat to low. Pour in the whipping cream. Mix everything together well to get a creamy texture.
6. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
7. Next, pour the bubbling mixture into an oven safe bowl.
8. Add in some grated parmesan cheese for a deliciously cheesy texture.
9. Top with some parsley flakes.
10. Seal the top of the bowl with a sheet of frozen puff pastry (leave it out of the freezer for a while until it is soft enough to fold over the edges of the bowl). Use a small knife to trim off the excess.
11. Press the pastry over the edges of the bowl to make sure it is sealed properly.
12. Brush the top of the pastry with melted (salted) butter and egg yolk. This will give it a beautiful golden colour when it is baking in the oven.
13. Place the bowl on a baking tray. Then, place it into the oven. Bake for 10-15 mins, or until golden on top.
14. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley.
Tavern’s Chef Ricco has made a video to take you through the recipe, step by step. You will realise how easy it is to make great food at home. We hope you will try our recipe. Watch the video now!
At Tavern Kitchen & Bar, you can sample favourite local food and delectable creations, the best of east meets west, and classic western dishes that are sure to please. Our high-quality fresh ingredients are sourced daily from Pasar Besar Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, bringing you the best of what Sabah has to offer. Do visit us at Imago Shopping Mall for your next culinary adventure!
What are you waiting for? Visit us now!
Contact Us Now!